If you are interested in purchasing or renting Aldebaran NAO Robot please contact our sales team on email@example.com, or call on 0845 528 0404 and we will be happy to help.
Introducing NAO, the most widely used humanoid robot for academic purposes worldwide. NAO (pronounced 'Now') is a ground-breaking teaching aid for use in robotics, systems and control, computer science, social sciences and beyond. Humanoid robots have always fascinated people, especially students. NAO allows them to explore programming, sensors, interaction with people and the environment, and much more.
NAO is capable of moving autonomously, having a conversation with you, identifying objects and interacting with its environment. Anyone can easily compose programs via the graphical interface of the Choregraphe Software. Students can explore event-based, sequential or parallel programming using the configurable behaviour boxes. You can also create your own behaviours, as well as using Python to write more complex scripts.
NAO can be programmed by either connecting an Ethernet cable between the robot and your computer, or via a WiFi link. The Webots for NAO Software allows you to simulate your robot programs in a virtual environment that has real world physics. The on-screen NAO can interact with objects in the virtual world, allowing students to test their programs whilst others are using the NAO hardware. The software suite is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux.
NAO stands 58cm tall and is packed full of technology to make it so versatile:
- Humanoid body with 25 degrees of freedom for realistic movement
- 2 cameras for object and face recognition
- 4 microphones allow for directional detection of sound
- 2 ultrasonic range finders for detection of objects
- 2 infrared emitters and receivers
- Inertia sensor for balance control – 2 gyrometers and 1 accelerometer
- Capacitive tactile sensors for interaction with people
- 8 pressure sensors
- 1.6GHz processor with Ethernet and WiFi Programming
How can NAO help in the classroom? - The opportunities are endless!
- Graphical programming using algorithmic or Boolean programming
- Program NAO to interact with people and its environment
- Develop your own behaviours using text-based programming languages
- Mimic human behaviour
- Study how humans interact with robots
- Use NAO to increase interaction for students with SEN
- NAO is a great recruitment tool – use it at open evenings to interact with potential students and their parents
Special packages are available for schools and colleges. To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us and speak to a member of the Education Team.