is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but we won't be able to ship it until it becomes available again.
If you are interested in purchasing a MantaroBot TeleMe please contact our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 0845 528 0404 and we will be happy to help.
The MantaroBot TeleMe™ TelePresence Robot is a mobile platform where you can plug in your own Apple® iPad®, iPhone® 4/4s or Android™ Tablet. The TeleMe is plugged into Skype™ and allows a user to remotely interact with co-workers and associates and their environment. The telepresence system provides a level of interactivity which is not present with traditional “call-in” video conference. The user can move around the room and observe participants through the tablet’s camera, allowing more effective communication. The user will be able to view live activities, meetings or hold one-on-one meetings. Provided they have a Windows PC and an Internet connection, any user can access the TeleMe TelePresence Robot.
The TeleMe requires no supervision excluding initial power-on. Onsite participants are able to communicate with the offsite user through the Tablet’s built in microphone, speaker, display, and camera. Bluetooth headphones (not included) can be used in noisy environments. The robot is based around an embedded computer that controls the movements. The TeleMe is Wi-Fi enabled and communicates with a wireless router. Skype runs on the embedded computer and on the tablet providing high quality audio and video. A control interface runs on the user’s computer allowing full control of the TeleMe and completes the video call-in platform. The TeleMe also features the ability to tilt the tablet up/down via the control interface providing a wide visual range and acuity. It can also pan the tablet head left or right with the optional mast with pan capability accessory.
- Hold a video teleconference in any location, not just in a conference room
- Interact with business associates and move around in their environment
- Allows virtual attendance to events such as meetings or gatherings
- Tour engineering labs or factory floors
- Hold impromptu meetings to discuss current issues on factory floors or in engineering labs
- Attend meetings while working from home
- Visit remote offices for team or one-on-one meetings
The MantaroBot TeleMe is controlled by the remote user via a control application that communicates with the TeleMe whenever a Skype connection to the TeleMe is established. The control interface is designed as a small control panel that provides separate control interfaces for the movement of the TeleMe and pan/tilt of the tablet’s integral camera.
MantaroBot TeleMe Features
- No specialized controller hardware is required. Simply install the control application that will be plugged into Skype™ for easy and intuitive control for driving TeleMe™
- Control Application connects through firewalls and NAT anywhere a Skype call can be made
- Holders with motorized tilt available for the following: iPad®, Samsung Galaxy TAB/TAB2™ 10.1, iPhone® 4/4S. (Actual tablet or smartphone not included.)
- Motorized head pan available using optional mast with pan capability.
- Red Laser pointer accessory mounted in the holder
- Obstacle detecting infrared sensors that automatically reduce speed when obstacle is detected
- Tip detection using three axis accelerometer with automatic stop to prevent tip-over
- Password protection access control
- Automatic communication link monitoring stops TeleMe if communication link fails
- Optional charging Docking Station available
|Infrared Obstacle Detection||
Three (3) Infrared optical transceivers for obstacle and step detection
|MCU and Motor Controller||
|Remote User Requirements||