is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but we won't be able to ship it until it becomes available again.
Robo Wikipedia Section
If you are interested in purchasing any Robots in the Robo Wikipedia section, then please contact our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 0845 528 0404 and we will be happy to help. (Special Order Item)
Aibo is a robotic dog designed to be an "intelligent and trainable robot companion.". It walks, barks, whines, growls, wags its tail, and plays with a ball while never requiring owners to clean up after it.
- In Japan, the first production series (3,000 units) sold out in 20 minutes.
- Early models lifted their legs to "urinate", a feature that was later eliminated.
- Aibo enthusiasts created "personalities" that can be uploaded to the robots, including "Terminator Aibo" and "Disco Aibo."
- Aibo stands for Artificial Intelligence roBOt. The name also means "pal" or "partner" in Japanese.
- The first-edition Aibo (ERS-110) is part of the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York.
- Sony reportedly created a special "crystal" see-through ERS-7 Aibo prototype, of which only one exists.
|Features||Adaptive behavior based on interactions with humans. Programmable with Sony OPEN-R software development kit.|
|Height||27.7cm : 10.9 in (ERS7 model)|
|Length||31.7cm : 12.5 in|
|Width||18cm : 7.1 in|
|Weight||1.6kg : 3.5lb|
|Sensors||CCD color camera, two microphones, infrared sensor, accelerometer, temperature sensor, touch sensors (head, chin, back, and legs).|
|Power||Lithium-ion battery, 1.5 hour of operation|
|Computing||64-bit RISC processor, 64 MB RAM, wireless network, speaker, Memory Stick slot|
|Software||Sony Aperios real-time OS, AIBOware (Aibo's AI software).|
|Degrees of Freedom||20 (Head: 3 DOF; Mouth: 1 DOF; Leg 3 DOF x 4; Ear 1 DOF x 2; Tail: 2 DOF)|
|Cost||£1,000 (ERS7 model, 2003 retail price)|