Robo Wikipedia Section
If you are interested in purchasing any Robots in the Robo Wikipedia section, then please contact our sales team on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 0845 528 0404 and we will be happy to help. (Special Order Item)
Aibo is a robotic dog designed to be an "intelligent and trainable robot companion.". It walks, barks, whines, growls, wags its tail, and plays with a ball while never requiring owners to clean up after it.
- In Japan, the first production series (3,000 units) sold out in 20 minutes.
- Early models lifted their legs to "urinate", a feature that was later eliminated.
- Aibo enthusiasts created "personalities" that can be uploaded to the robots, including "Terminator Aibo" and "Disco Aibo."
- Aibo stands for Artificial Intelligence roBOt. The name also means "pal" or "partner" in Japanese.
- The first-edition Aibo (ERS-110) is part of the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York.
- Sony reportedly created a special "crystal" see-through ERS-7 Aibo prototype, of which only one exists.
|Features||Adaptive behavior based on interactions with humans. Programmable with Sony OPEN-R software development kit.|
|Height||27.7cm : 10.9 in (ERS7 model)|
|Length||31.7cm : 12.5 in|
|Width||18cm : 7.1 in|
|Weight||1.6kg : 3.5lb|
|Sensors||CCD color camera, two microphones, infrared sensor, accelerometer, temperature sensor, touch sensors (head, chin, back, and legs).|
|Power||Lithium-ion battery, 1.5 hour of operation|
|Computing||64-bit RISC processor, 64 MB RAM, wireless network, speaker, Memory Stick slot|
|Software||Sony Aperios real-time OS, AIBOware (Aibo's AI software).|
|Degrees of Freedom||20 (Head: 3 DOF; Mouth: 1 DOF; Leg 3 DOF x 4; Ear 1 DOF x 2; Tail: 2 DOF)|
|Cost||£1,000 (ERS7 model, 2003 retail price)|